Bubbly drinks whether they are alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks are perfect for any celebration. And because we love to involve everyone in our celebrations, we always have a bubbly cocktail and bubbly mocktail available.
Thanks to requests from you, we created non-alcoholic drinks that all have some sort of bubbly beverage in it because after all, this is the Bubbly Side of Life.
And due to popular demand, here is the Bubbly Mocktail Spring Edition.
Bubbly Drink Tips
I will be completely honest, when we started creating bubbly drinks, we had no clue what we were doing. We simply went to the store, bought a bunch of random juices, sodas, sparkling water, frozen concentrates, fruit, garnishes and figured how hard can this be?
And yes, there were quite a few drinks that were dumped down the drain in the process, but it was a lot of fun and creating them became something both my teenage nephews and sister got involved in.
Through trial and error, here are a few of our most useful tips:
- Have a good variety of ingredients. It doesn’t have to be crazy like we sometimes do, but a good variety is key.
- Use frozen fruit. We love frozen fruit to use as ice cubes so that your drink doesn’t get watered down. In fact, we almost always use frozen over fresh fruit for so many reasons.
- Be sure to have the right tools (and enough of them if there are lots of people helping out). You don’t need fancy cocktail shakers and shot glasses, , but you do need some measuring cups and spoons so you can recreate your favorite non-alcoholic drinks again and again.
- Measuring cups (We recommend 8 oz and 2 oz)
- Measuring spoons
- Muddlers (not necessary, but makes it so much easier to muddle fruit.)
- Different garnishes for bubbly drinks really make the drink more fun. We like to wander down the candy aisle and see what we can find. (Twizzlers are one of our favorites because it doubles as a straw.)
- Brew glitter turns any bubbly drink into a super fun bubbly drink and doesn’t change the flavor at all.
And my nephews’ top tip is, of course, have fun with it, be creative and enjoy!
By the way, if you’re randomly creating bubbly drinks like we do, fair warning, expect a mess! And please tag us on Instagram because we love virtually being a part of your creations.
If you weren’t here when our fun bubbly drinks were created, you can check out the post here. And because of the popularity, we just continued making them.
We know there are a variety of reasons people choose to not drink alcohol. And what started as a request, turned into a fun event my underage nephews could do with me. And then at every celebration, they also had a fun drink in a fun glass to cheers right along with us.
So now it’s just a habit, when we make bubbly cocktails, we make bubbly non-alcoholic drinks right alongside. In fact, one of our favorite things to do is create a mocktail base. That mocktail goes into a pitcher for everyone to enjoy. Near that mocktail, you’re going to put the ingredients to turn that mocktail into a cocktail. Those who want to turn the non-alcoholic drinks into alcoholic ones, can add the liquor and sparkling wine that you will have set out.
This is one of the easiest ways to ensure that everyone is included and has a special drink for your celebration.
Spring Inspired Mocktails
All of these spring inspired bubbly drinks are so refreshing and super easy to make. Here are two of our favorites:
The Perfect Sunset
- 6 oz Lemonade
- 2 1/2-4 oz Frozen mango slices
- 1-2 t Grenadine
- Top with Sprite
- In a cocktail shaker, combine lemonade and frozen mango slices.
- Muddle the frozen mango well (and you can even give it a firm shake as well).
- Strain the liquid into your favorite glass. (You don’t have to strain it. Sometimes we don’t depending on our mood.)
- Top with Sprite.
- Add grenadine to make The Perfect Sunset.
If you don’t want this drink to be so sweet, top with a flavored sparkling water instead. We recommend a lemon sparkling water.
- 5 oz Lemonade
- 2 T Limeade concentrate
- 1 t Grenadine
- Top with Sprite or sparkling water
- In a cocktail shaker combine lemonade and limeade concentrate.
- Shake well and pour into your favorite glass.
- Top with Sprite or sparkling water.
- Add grenadine.
TIP: If you want this drink to be on the sweeter side, top it with Sprite. If you like your drinks less sweet, top with Sparkling water. We recommend regular, lemon or lime flavor sparkling water.
Ideas for these Non-Alcoholic Drinks
- Are you hosting a baby shower or gender reveal? How about making Pink Party Punch or Lemon Berry Goodness.
- Are you trying to focus on hydration, but hate drinking water? Make the Berry Refreshing Lemonade or Tropical Refresher. Both of these use Liquid IV which gives faster hydration than water alone.
- Are you dreaming of warm weather and a beach vacation? Try making The Perfect Sunset and it will instantly transport you.
- Are you hosting a kids’ party where adults may hang out? Try making the Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade. Not only is it super easy with only two ingredients, but super easy to add vodka and top with sparkling wine.
As you know creating bubbly drinks, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks are something we do regularly around here. On the blog under recipes you will find links for both Cocktails and Mocktails and here are direct links to some of our favorites.
Here are some Winter mocktails if you, like us, have some leftover holiday sodas.. These, of course, are not exclusive to being enjoyed in the winter.
Are you following us on Pinterest? It’s an easy way to organize your favorite bubbly cocktails and mocktails.
Two of the non-alcoholic drink recipes call for Liquid IV. While Costco is always the best place to stock up, if you’d rather shop directly from Liquid IV so that it arrives on your doorstep, you can save 20% and get free shipping.
This post contains references to products we know, use and love. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products.