Cotton candy drinks are so much fun to make and even more fun to drink, especially if you’re a kid or you have a sweet tooth.
Cotton candy is one of our favorite ingredients to turn your normal, ordinary mocktail or cocktail into a super fun and, of course, sweeter one. Fair Warning: You definitely need to like sweet drinks to be able to drink more than one of these.
Cotton Candy Facts
- Do you know who created cotton candy? A dentist of all things! A dentist and candy maker came together to create this treat.
- Cotton Candy was introduced at the St. Louis World Fair in 1904. Fun fact: Meet Me In St. Louis was my favorite movie as a kid.
- Cotton Candy is healthier than most desserts because it’s simply sugar and air which doesn’t contain any fat. Never mind the sugar high. 😉
- December 7th is National Cotton Candy Day.
Cotton Candy Day
Since it’s National Cotton Candy Day and you know we will use any reason to celebrate, we created some special mocktails and cocktails just for the occasion.
We love how cotton candy transforms any cocktail or mocktail into homespun fun! Not only is it a way to sweeten your drink without having to add simple syrup, it’s so much fun to watch the drink when you add the cotton candy.
We, of course, have experimented with add the cotton candy to the liquid and adding liquid to cotton candy and we have much more fun watching the cotton candy dissolve into the liquid for additional bubbly fun!
How to Celebrate National Cotton Candy Day
Of course, you need to go out and get yourself some cotton candy. It’s actually quite easy to find. We found this cute Christmas themed cotton candy at Target, but you can also find very similar options at the grocery store. We also put some of our favorite options in the Bubbly Side of Life Amazon shop for quick one stop shopping.
Then pick a fun cocktail or mocktail to make. We created some new ones here or you can go back to any of our previous recipes and add cotton candy for a bit more bubbly fun.
Go ahead and experiment with putting the cotton candy in first and adding the liquid or adding the cotton candy to your drink. And let us know what you prefer.
And since this is a celebration, after all, CHEERS with those around you.
Cotton Candy Drinks
- 4 oz Pink Grapefruit Sparkling Soda
- 3 oz Strawberry Beverage
- 1 t Cherry Juice/Grenadine
- Cotton Candy
- In your favorite glass, combine grapefruit sparkling soda, strawberry beverage and grenadine.
- Add cotton candy and watch the magic happen.
This is a delicious mocktail turned cocktail when you add 1 oz vodka and top with bubbly. To make this:
- Add strawberry beverage and grapefruit soda and very gently swirl. (Do not shake with the lid on as it can explode.)
- Pour into your favorite bubbly glass.
- Top it off with bubbly.
- Add cotton candy and watch the fun!
O’ Christmas Tree
- 4 oz Green River
- 4 oz Clear Cream Soda
- Cotton Candy
- In your favorite glass, combine ingredients.
- Add cotton candy and enjoy.
- 1 oz Cranberry Vodka
- 1/2 oz Vanilla Vodka
- 1/2 Pama Pomegranate Liqueur
- Top with Bubbly
- Cotton Candy
- In a cocktail shaker full of ice, add vodkas and Pama. Shake well.
- Pour into your favorite bubbly flute.
- Add cotton candy and CHEERS!
We made super fun, really pretty and very easy cotton candy drinks for Easter and Valentine’s Day. You can find those recipes here.