You know love we any reason to gather our girlfriends and celebration literally anything, so why not on Galentine’s Day. Heck, once of my girlfriends and I get together weekly to celebrate those everyday moments that are sometimes overlooked.
And while we know this isn’t always easy to do, we’re so grateful for the TV show, “Parks and Recreation” for creating the perfect holiday to celebrate female friendship and empowerment back in 2010
And while social media may have escalated the popularity of Galentine’s Day, we’re never going to pass up an opportunity to pop some bubbly in honor of our female friendships.
How about some fun facts about Galentine’s Day:
- It is typically celebrated on February 13th, although we have also seen celebrations on February 15th as well. But let’s be honest, do we need a specific date to clink glasses with our girlfriends?
- The main idea behind Galentine’s Day is to celebrate the bonds of female friendship and the importance of supporting and uplifting one another.
- Brunch is a popular way to celebrate. Leslie Knope’s character on “Parks and Recreation” hosted a waffle breakfast for her friends, and since then, waffles have become a popular Galentine’s Day brunch theme. And yes, waffles pair well with bubbly.
- It is often marked by exchanging small gifts, enjoying brunch, and engaging in activities that celebrate friendship. This year I gave my girlfriends shirts that say, Bubbly is my Valentine whether they have an actual valentine or not because Galentine’s Day is an inclusive celebration for all women, regardless of their relationship status and we find the saying quite humorous.
- Galentine’s Day also encourages self-love and self-care. It’s a day to appreciate and celebrate oneself as well as one’s friends and we are all for this.
Galentine’s Day Celebration
To create this fun Galentine’s celebration, I decided it was appropriate to simply pop some bubbly from a brand I’ve been dying to try. So the focus would be on creating the perfect drink station so that everyone could help themselves.
As with most of my celebrations, I typically start out at the Dollar Tree and see what I can find. I often buy stuff and figure out if it’s actually usable later and luck for me the stuff I grabbed was. Here’s what I grabbed at the Dollar Tree:
- Acrylic popcorn boxes: because I had splits of bubbly, I thought this would be a cute way to display them. Turned out perfectly that two splits fit into each one.
- Giant pink bowl: The perfect galentine color and since I was also going to put a large bottle of bubbly on ice, I thought this would be perfect.
- Felt hearts for table decor. It turns out they’re stickers so they could be used for a lot.
- Tablecloths and plates: I grabbed the cutest heart print but it was too busy with everything else on the table, so I figured I would save it for another time.
My second stop always is the Target dollar section. I think it’s called Bulls-eye’s playground. I found these super cute flags, plastic heart shaped flutes and pink neon light up heart there. Yes, these flutes were super fun to drink from and didn’t taint the taste at all.
During the holidays, they had bunches of these toppers for splits so I stocked on them at that time because I was afraid I wouldn’t find them again.
All in all, I didn’t spend that much in supplies to create this celebration and it was all so cute. Everyone loved it and it just added some extra fun and love to the evening.
Now one thing I am particular about are the ice cubes. I do love the aesthetic of a good ice cube especially when the drink station is the star of the show. I decided since there was already so much color on the table that I would make crystal clear round ice cube balls. I use these all the time and it’s probably my most used item from the Bubbly Side of Life Amazon Storefront.
Now that everything is set, it’s time to add the bubbly.
Une Femme Sparkling Wines
I have had this bubbly for a few months and was waiting for a fun occasion and what better occasion than a day that we’re celebrating women and friendships!
What I love most about this sparkling wine is it was launched to celebrate female winemakers and that it is completely accessible for everyone. It is very reasonably priced and you can find it locally as well as order it online (note, they can’t ship to every state).
These wines are made my women winemakers in Napa, Champagne and Sonoma and absolutely will help you to elevate any celebration. They’re perfect to celebrate the everyday moments and for when you crush those really big goals as well.
Their goal is to change the world one bottle of bubbly at a time and if that’s not a reason to celebrate, I don’t know what is! All of Une Femme’s wines give back to charities that benefit women because they truly believe in supporting and celebrating women.
We had splits of The Callie, their sparkling rosé. Made up of 90% Zinfandel, 10% Chardonnay with grapes from California, the first words we said when we tasted it was, “wow this is juicy….tastes like a strawberry burst.”
It is not sweet at all, just full of delicious juicy berry notes. We enjoyed this by itself, but talked about pairing it with certain charcuterie or adding it to bubbly cocktails to liven them up a bit.
We had a bottle of The Betty which is their non-vintage brut out of California. Made up of 80% Pinot Noir, 20% Chardonnay, it was bright and refreshing, and very easy to drink. Honestly we sipped this on it’s own all night and it was quite good.
I’d say we enjoyed The Betty a bit more, but we also drank this when it was 25 degrees out and for me sparkling rosé isn’t quite on the brain yet. You truly can’t go wrong with either of these and what a fun way to celebrate women than with these bottles titled The Woman.
We usually create fun bubbly themed cocktails for celebrations like these and if you’re looking for some new, fun ones, we definitely created them and they would be perfect for a Valentine or Galentine celebration.
Valentine’s Day Cocktails
Are you looking for some fun Valentine’s Day bubbly cocktails for your celebration? We know champagne cocktails have been widely consumed on Valentine’s Day to add that romantic touch. Now, you know, we don’t need a holiday that celebrates love to add bubbly to our cocktails, we do it all the time anyway.
We created some fun and easy gin and vodka cocktails that are perfect for Valentine’s Day and any spring celebration you have coming up because they are the perfect pink and purple shade. Not only are they pretty, but they’re delicious as well.
So, tell us, how are you celebrating Galentine’s Day? Will you be gathering up your gal pals and toasting to them? Or indulging in a spa day all to yourself? Either way, you can’t go wrong.