Mother’s Day, as we say time and again, this is just the day to intentionally celebrate all the mother figures in your life.
How do you celebrate Mother’s Day? We start by creating a delicious Mother’s Day breakfast where, of course, mom doesn’t have to lift a finger.
And, you know, for us, the menu must include some delicious bubbly themed items.
To make this Mother’s Day breakfast a bit more special bring mom:
- Some fresh flowers (it is what the Mother’s Day founder envisioned, after all)
- A new, special sparkling wine glass
- A special bottle of bubbly (we have lots of recommendations, just ask!)
And if you’re looking for a bubbly themed gift, check out the bubbly gift guide perfect for any occasion.
We know sometimes moms get stuck doing all the planning for their mom or their mother-in-law, so we hope this bubbly themed Mother’s Day breakfast cobbler brings some enjoyment.
Mother’s Day Breakfast Cobbler
You will absolutely need this delicious breakfast cobbler to serve mom after her Mother’s Day breakfast.
This breakfast cobbler is not too sweet and makes the perfect after breakfast/brunch treat. And could easily be served with a scoop of ice cream on the side like a traditional cobbler.
Sparkling Raspberry Breakfast Cobbler
- 3-1/2 cups unsweetened raspberries
- 1 cup bubbly (we used almond sparkling wine)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Add raspberries and bubbly to a large saucepan over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, sift corn starch and add sugar; stir it into fruit mixture.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- Cut in butter until mixture looks like coarse crumbs.
(TIP: Remove the butter from the refrigerator as you’re ready to complete this step. Cut into smaller chunks, add those to your mixture and then cut in until it looks “crumbly”.)
- Stir in eggs, sour cream and vanilla (batter will be very stiff).
(TIP: Since the batter is stiff, make sure it’s mixed well.)
- Spread into a greased 13×9-in. baking dish.
- Spread raspberry filling over batter.
- Mix together topping ingredients and sprinkle over top.
(TIP: You can make this with softened butter (about 15 seconds in microwave) or using cold butter, the same method as above.)
- Bake 40 minutes; the raspberry filling will be bubbling and the top will be golden brown.
- Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm cake.
(TIP: Add very little bubbly, starting with 1T at a time. If you like it thicker that should do it. If you like it thinner, add a little bit more. It’s a very forgiving glaze as you can add powdered sugar to thicken and bubbly to thin it out.)
Mother’s Day Breakfast Drinks
Of course, every Mother’s Day breakfast must have a bubbly beverage to accompany it. We love mimosas and bellinis especially because they are so easy to customize with mom’s favorite fruit.
And if you’re looking for a new bubbly beverage, sticking with the raspberry theme, we created the Sparkling Raspberry.
- 6 Raspberries
- 1 oz Raspberry Vodka
- 1/2 oz Lime Juice
- Sparkling Rosé
- Sugar coat the rim of your favorite glass by dipping it in bubbly or water and then onto a plate/bowl with sugar.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine raspberries vodka and lime juice.
- Muddle well or shake with a couple ice cubes.
- Strain into the sugar coated glass.
- Top with sparkling rosé.
- Garnish with frozen raspberries.
TIP: Always keep some fruit frozen to use as garnish as it makes the best ice cubes as well.
Last year, we created bubbly strawberry crepes if you’re looking for the main menu item, they are absolutely delicious and if you want to stick with a raspberry theme, you can easily swap the fruit.
As I mentioned, we love mimosas and bellinis and thoroughly enjoy mornings that start with ether of these.
Do you need bubbly supplies to complete the Mother’s Day Breakfast? Check out the Bubbly Side of Life Amazon Shop for some of our favorite items.
This post contains references to products we know, use and love. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products.