4th of July, a fun day to get together with friends and family, light the grill, enjoy some time outside and, of course, POP the bubbly!
And we have for you all sorts of bubbly that you can add to your 4th of July holiday. Not only do we enjoy drinking our bubbly, but cooking with it as well. Included are some appetizers you may be surprised to know have bubbly in them, but they’re oh so good and won’t last long, I promise.
Just for some fun, we thought we’d share a few not so well knows 4th of July facts:
- 4th of July is not the day we declared independence, that was actually July 2. July 4th is the day the declaration was published.
- Approximately 150 million hot dogs will be eaten.
- It’s America’s top beer drinking holiday.
- Approximately $568M is spent on 4th of July wine.
- Over 850 people will go to the ER with an injury due to fireworks.
I am fully prepared to give those beer drinkers some competition and to up the expenditure in wine sales (especially sparkling wine sales) with these two delicious bubbly cocktails.
4th of July Bubbly Cocktails
What would the 4th be without a signature bubbly cocktail? This is the perfect drink that you can create in a pitcher and allow your guests to serve themselves or create it one drink at a time.
Just like a blue firework is very rare, so is our blue bubbly cocktail. Enjoy our White Sparkler and Crackling Red
The White Sparkler
- 1 TBSP Limeade concentrate
- 3oz Lemonade
- 1 oz Tequila
- Add first 3 ingredients to a cocktail shaker or pour straight into a glass.
- Shake or mix well.
- Top with bubbly.
- 1 TBSP Limeade concentrate
- 1/4 cup Frozen raspberries
- 2 oz Raspberry lemonade
- 1 oz Gin
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the first 4 ingredients. Muddle or shake really, really well.
- Pour into a glass.
- Top with bubbly.
Bubbly Cocktail Tips:
- If you don’t have limeade concentrate, squeeze in half a lime. And then if you need to sweeten it up a bit, add a couple squirts of simple syrup.
- These taste great with the liquor listed or vodka.
- You can use brut bubbly or a sparkling rosé.
- Always use frozen fruit so you don’t need to water the drink down with ice cubes
- And More tips on how to keep your drinks cold and what type of bubbly to buy to create the perfect cocktail.
If it were up to me, all celebrations would just have a variety of delicious appetizers. So we created a bubbly cheese dip appetizer and bubbly dip dessert to not only make your prep work quick and easy, but also satisfy hungry guests.
Bubbly Cheese Appetizer
Honestly, this is so very simple and just needs to be made with enough time for the flavors to blend from 2 hours to overnight.
When I made this for a tasting party, they said it reminded them of those cheese balls our parents used to serve at parties, but was even more delicious.
If you’re making this for 5-7 people, make it as is. Any more, definitely double it!
- 8oz of cheese: 4 extra sharp, 2 sharp, 2 colby
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 t parsley flakes
- 1/4 t nutmeg
- Place all ingredients in food processor; cover. Process until smooth.
- Pour into a serving bowl and cover.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours or make the night before.
- Remove from the fridge to allow for it to sit and soften a bit before serving.
We devoured this dip and served it with:
- Pretzel sticks
- Tortilla chips
- French bread slices
Bubbly Dessert Dip
If you’re making this for a group of less than 10 people, make it as is. If you’re making it for more than 10, you will want to double it.
- 1/2 cup Heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 cup Almond bubbly (brut or rosé works as well)
- 4 oz Whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Powdered sugar
- Sprinkles (optional)
- In a small bowl, whip the heavy cream on high until soft peaks begin to form. Reduce speed add in the bubbly. Blend well. Set aside.
- Place the cream cheese into a medium bowl. Using the mixer on medium speed, slowly add in powdered sugar and mix until well combined.
- Combine the two and mix well by hand.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Optional, sprinkle with glitter sprinkles before serving.
We have tried a lot of things to dip into this dessert and here’s a list of our favorites:
- Graham crackers
- Animal Crackers
- Churro bites
- Biscoff cookies
- Vanilla wafers
- Brownie brittle
I mean you can’t really go wrong and what a fun and easy way to create a super simple dessert that everyone is sure to love.
Red, White and Bubbly
And what would the 4th of July holiday be without the perfect outfit? You’re in luck because we designed the perfect 4th of July shirt just for you!
Of course, they are our favorite unisex t-shirt because they are so very soft.
4th of July Holiday Decor
And what 4th of July celebration is complete without themed decorations? Of course, we have linked up our favorites for you here in the Bubbly Side of Life Amazon shop. Everything you need from 4th of July themed items to disposable glassware, outdoor tumblers and more. Happy Shopping!
How will you be spending your 4th of July holiday this year? Let us know and tag us in your pictures!
This post contains references to products we know, use and love. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products.